Jan 20, 2012

Remembering Happiness

Revisiting a blog I made awhile back. I'm not afraid of being alone but this week kind of felt lonely. On these days, it is always nice to remember the simple pleasures in life. Happiness is truly a choice, as most of the things that matter. Sharing with you my Happy Bucket List :


1. Spending time with a friend, talking about life and love.


2. Listening to a good song especially  from the Beatles (never fails to make me feel better, I really don't know why.)


3. Eating spaghetti (all types, sour Italian, sweet Pinoy, Old Spaghetti House, Jollibee)


4. Eating Curly Tops (a Filipino chocolate).


5. Drinking vanilla coffee or chai latte in an earthen mug (yes my friends, coffee tastes better in a mug. I especially like it when the pottery is so beautiful, I want to take it home).


6. Writing a blog :)


7. Reading a good book in bed. 


8. Watching inspiring films made by Walt Disney and Pixar. Watching well-made movies in theater even on my own.  


9. Browsing inside a bookstore or admiring paintings and photographs in an art gallery. Learning new things.


10. Walking without a preconceived destination and discovering something delightful along the way. Running.


11. Going to a Gawad Kalinga village in the province.


12. Riding the bus to the province or the city train and looking outside; also cheesy as it may sound, looking at the stars in the sky.


Ah, happy quiet.


How about you? What makes you happy? Whether it be cooking, playing the guitar, diving, preparing for a marathon, spending play time with the kids, a movie date with your loved one, I hope you make the time for it. I realized that if you are content within yourself, you find more love to give to others, like a fountain of goodness that overflows or a lovely dessert box that does not run out of sweets. I guess, it is true that loving one's self in a healthy way helps one to love others in a better way too. Take care you and God bless! :) 


Okay I feel better now. Time to take a walk... :)

No comments: