Jan 3, 2012

New year is joy!

Today is a happy day.

At 1pm today, raindrops fell but instead of feeling sad that such kind of weather often evokes in me, I felt happy. Strange, I thought. As I breathed in the smell of the after-rain that normally brings to mind childhood memories, I am amazed that I feel content. I think something significant changed in me last year.

But it is the kind of change that is subtle, something that is slow but steady to reveal itself. It's as if peace alighted upon me, the kind that do not need announcements nor press conferences but the quiet assurance that everything will be alright and that God will always provide.

Hope does not disappoint. Keeping the faith doesn't either.   Following one's dreams, no matter how difficult, gives us that lasting happiness that temporary pleasures can never give. Simple joys are however a different story, and most of it can be experienced for free.

Good things come to those who wait and are faithful to who they are, to their purpose in life. Last year was spent many days waking up early to write, there were plenty of times I had wanted to give up, but thank grace I didn't. I realized then that the cliche is so true, success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.

Writing a long story (too long, hehe) was at times painful but it was worth it in the end. I am grateful for having tried and as I revise it to share with the world hopefully soon, my heart is like flying without wings, eager to share something of myself, something that would hopefully make the world a little brighter, better, even for just one.

There is no price for art nor life. We are masterpieces, works of art by the Great Creator, Designer, Author, Singer, Your Passion Here. I truly believe each of us reflects an aspect of our Maker and it is our duty to shine brightly for Him, to share our light with others. Imagine a world where everyone is fulfilling their purpose and potential, I imagine happiness everywhere! There would be no more suicides and people falling in despair, which disturbs my heart the most. There is always hope and may it shine brightly for you this year. Let us imagine a world where each willingly shares  the best of themselves. What a wonderful world that would be, a beautiful mural where each of us contribute our time, gifts and love.

It is my hope that this year we try to become the best that we can be with lots of grace and hard work and may it be this best self that we share with others so that they too can become the best that they can be, especially those who need our help the most.

Happy New Year to You! May all our dreams come true.



"I praise you, so wonderfully you made me;
wonderful are your works!" -Psalms 139:14

No comments: