Oct 11, 2012

At the Beginning...

It's 4 in the morning and I am awake. After about 30 minutes of tossing and turning, thumb twiddling in the dark, I decided to write.

It's been years (ages) since I last went into formal schooling. Today, I kind of miss DLSU. Memories of specific nooks like the College Canteen, the SJ walk, the Liberal Arts and SPS building enter my mind. It feels like a long time ago and it is. There's so much to say that I don't know how to begin and the seconds are ticking on the mobile phone's alarm clock.

But I remember you. I saw you walking hand-in-hand with your girlfriend back then as you were leaving the DLSU main entrance. I remember your smile and your nod, and the few words we ever spoke. I wonder now how you are and if you are married with kids. You were such a sweet guy, with beautiful words for people and I wanted to say I am very happy for you. You deserve to be happy and I wish nothing less than the best for your journey.

The green connection it seems it's getting stronger this year. It's a joy to reconnect with old green-blooded friends after working alongside the blue ones for many years now. I am glad to find out how they are, what stage in life they are in, to get to know them again in a new light. I am blessed because I have this chance, now that I am free to meet up with people, but maybe not for too long...

I joined a class every Tuesdays in Makati and it is going to take up my time, at least for the next four months. It ends late in the evening and I am scared at the repercussions of waking up early the next day. But, I am so excited at this new journey, this new adventure and I am looking forward to it. I hope I will find the time to continue blogging.

I finished the draft of a novella I started writing two years ago. I want to publish it on my own as an e-book and share the proceeds to support GK Libmanan's child and youth development program. They inspired me to write it and there are chapters there that are dedicated to the community. I am currently writing, editing, and formatting this e-book and it is hard work! I realized that book publishing is really a team effort. But I'll try it on my own as a start, I just want to share something that I happily and painfully wrote and hope that it makes someone happy too. I had the millenials in mind when I wrote it and I hope to reach them.

This blog entry seems to be a smorgasbord of thoughts! With no apparent theme!  I woke up and this song was on top of my mind, At the Beginning, from the film Anastasia, I don't really know why! But it is inspiring me to write again. The seeds of a new story are being planted in my mind. I will wait till it grows and hopefully make it bloom. It's very weird that it has to begin with a song! But I've always loved songs and  music is a reliable ally, a good old friend. When I was writing my first novel, I actually made a soundtrack, with different songs from different musicians whose songs inspire me. In a way, this soundtrack also tells a story. Maybe someday, I can share it too.




So here we are, at the beginning again...hopefully, a very beautiful beginning!





No comments: